Sunday, September 21, 2008

Knitting at last 9/21/08

You have been waiting patiently for more knitting shots. Here is what I'm working on today. I started them while we were on the MV Malaspina (aka, the ferry). They are 2 socks worked toe up, pulling yarn from a hand dyed sock blank. How is that for some real fun. Actually, using the sock blank gets rid of the hardest thing about knitting 2 socks at once, the tangled yarns. And I am enjoying the toe up process. The heel is quite different so we'll see what I think after that. See how both socks match effortlessly?

Is it worth a class? Well maybe.

I want to tell you about an interesting woman I met on the ferry. She was moving from Juneau to Santa Rosa CA. She had resigned her job at a library and was changing careers. Does this sound like anyone you know? Her change was to go to CIA (Culinary Institute of America) and become a pastry chef. Sounds great doesn't. I'm sure that things will go well for her and I wish her the best. She is also a WORLD CLASS KNITTER. She was working on a cardigan sweater done on size 2 needles with fingerling weight yarn and fair isle knitting. It was gorgeous!

HEY, I just discovered that this blog program has spell check. This is good, this is very good. Maybe there will be fewer giggles at my expense.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: