Monday, May 17, 2010

Off the yellow brick road

Last weekend my Hubby and I went to TEXAS. Yes, don't mess with Texas. It is a large place with lots of variations in land and cultures. And did I say it was big. We put 2000 miles on the truck. That is a lot of truck time. We saw hours of highway.

They have a different (read, really really odd) road system there. Intersections are strange. Highways are layered. And stop signs are planted right in the middle of the roadways. All of these are road hazards for mid west drivers. The stop sign almost went home with us.

I enjoyed the trip and the time with Paul. Got lots of knitting done. Finished a big lace vest. The crochet edging needs help Melissa! I'm more than half way done with a just begun afghan. It is of cotton and feels great. Both of these pieces are out of the same yarn. Completely different looks.

Tomorrow I need to catch up on my dying. Blue, blue and purple and more blue. This is what I'm out of in Knitty Bits. I can hardly wait. Lovely shades of blue. My favorite color.

So much for random thoughts. I'll be dying tomorrow in the land of OZ.

No comments: