Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Alaska Trip fini 9/28/08

Wall Drug, Wall SD: what can I say. You'll just have to stop in. We counted 64 billboards advertising Wall Drug from Rapid City to Wall, about 50 miles. I was so overwhelmed that I didn't take any pictures. We left Wall SD at 8:30 Thursday morning and drove our longest day by a long ways, 640 miles. Dad and I tagged teamed drove, switching every 2 hours. The beauty of this is that we got to Ames at 8:15. That is, in the parking lot of Hickory Park at 8:15 for a celebratory Saucy Southern. The waitress was a bit, well really quite a bit, surprised to be taking our picture. It was a good end to a remarkable trip.

The next morning, after getting Cinderella, from Betsy and James, that I said good by to Mom and Dad and drove for Hutchinson. I stopped in Manhattan to see Zoe, and Trevor who was visiting her from the USAF. I was home by 9:45. I knew that I had been gone a long time when I missed 2 of my turns getting off the highway and into my neighborhood. Paul was happy and grateful to see me. 8388 miles. That was the length of the trip not counting the 4 days/5 nights that we spent on the ferry. It was amazing , remarkable, awesome, stunning, fun and a good trip. I would do it again, but not next week.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: